In the event that you and your household have been the victims of a house fire, it’s imperative to begin restoration activities the moment possible, in order to really get your sense of safety and security back. Listed here are 10 tips about what to do following a fire:
1) Call your insurance company and inform them of the fire. They’ll likely distribute an adjuster to survey the damage and guide you through the process of submitting a claim.
2) Call a Fire Restoration company. Your insurance agent should manage to recommend someone reputable. A fire restoration company can professionally restore your home, including furniture, walls, roof, duct work, etc. They have the knowledge and the expertise of knowing which process will continue to work with each damaged item. No matter how handy you may be thinking you are, Limpiar hollin despues incendio self-restoration can actually make things worse.
3) Locate all important documents and put them in a secure place. Locate insurance papers, birth certificates, health information, etc. Put them in a secure location in your home, where you could access them easily.
4) Take inventory of what’s been damaged, what’s not. There could be varying levels of damage – smoke, fire and water. Make a listing of what’s been damaged; your insurance company will require this. If you can, locate the receipts for every item.
5) Change your furnace filter one or more times per day for the first handful of weeks, until visible soot is fully gone from the filters.
6) Open your windows. This may help get rid of smoke and fire odors and ventilate your home. It may also help dry things out.
7) Cover all non-damaged furniture with a plastic cover; or consider moving them into storage until your home is fully restored.
8) Wash your clothes using your regular washer. That is usually all that’s needed with clothes that not require dry-cleaning for regular care. Consider hanging them outside instead of using your dryer.
9) Dry your carpets using fans and de-humidifiers. If you can, put them outside and lay them in the sun to dry. The longer your carpets stay wet, the more chance of mold and mildew setting in.
10) Discard all food and drinks that have been exposed to fire, smoke or water. They are no longer safe for consumption, including canned food. Don’t refreeze any food that’s thawed.
A fire restoration company can make the process easier by guiding you each step of just how, and using their expertise to clear your home of damage caused by smoke, fire and water. Count in it to really get your home back again to normal.